Thursday, September 30, 2010

Response to Sam's Response About a Painting

         I am responding to Sam Everett's thoughts on this painting. According to Sam's post, he said the woman in the painting had met this guy at a social gathering in a restaurant. In the restaurant, they talked, and realized they were communicating very well, and because of that they decided to go the guy's apartment to have sexual intercourse in bed. Sam suggested that the woman immediately had deep feelings toward the stranger she randomly bedded. She woke up the next morning only to find a bowl of fruit, and a note on the bed. She read the note:
 
“Dear Maria… erm, Mary,
            Although we had a great time last night, I don’t feel like there is any connection between you and me.  What happened was a mistake, and to be honest Marina… so sorry, Mary, anyway, I had way too much wine, and I actually forgot I was married to a very beautiful wife who I love now just as much as the day I married her. There is nothing special I see in you.  I’m sure your special someone is out there waiting for you to find him, I just have to tell you that he is not I.  My wife will be returning shortly, and I hope for the good of both of us that you will exit my apartment the moment you finish reading this.  Good bye forever Meredith... I mean Mary.

Sincerely,
John

P.S.  Please don’t eat the fruit, it is for my wife”

Even though this letter is hilarious, I do not think it's accurate. The way I see it, the woman in the painting received a letter from either a family member or her husband's friend saying that her husband died in war. When she realized she had lost her love she cried and threw stuff around the room, like that fruit bowl lying on the bed. She opened the window to have the fresh breeze in her face calm her emotions down. She then picked up the note and read it again because she could not believe it said her husband was dead. You can tell a lot about the expression on her face, and in her facial expression in the picture she doesn't seem to excited. She looks shocked and a little scared, so I know that whatever is happening it is a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment